NMN, also known as β-nicotinamide mononucleotide, is a naturally-occurring molecule found in foods such as broccoli, avocados, shrimp, etc. It's also the precursor to the coenzyme NAD+. Studies have shown that NMN helps to delay aging and improve overall health: supplementing the nucleotide increases the level of NAD+ in the body which helps to improve cell function, activate mitochondrial biogenesis, protect cells from oxidative stress, reduce homocysteine levels, and more. David Andrew Sinclair AO, professor of genetics and co-director of the Paul F. Glenn Center for Biology of Aging Research at Harvard Medical School, known as the "godfather of anti-aging", is an avid spokesperson for NMN.
- NMN increases the activity of sirtuin3, a protein that promotes longevity.
- NMN provides raw materials for PARP1 to repair DNA damage.
- NMN alleviates mitochondrial dysfunction.
- NMN prevents stem cell failure.
- NMN protects cells from oxidative stress.
- NMN reduces homocysteine levels.
- NMN affects epigenetic inheritance.
- NMN has many other benefits.
NMN and Anti-Aging
NAD+ is a coenzyme essential to many cellular processes. As we age, the level of NAD+ in our body gradually decreases, attended by the appearance of various health problems. This effect is easily reversed, however, as studies have shown that NMN supplements help increase the level of NAD+ in the body.
NMN affects many aspects of the aging process such as mitochondrial dysfunction, stem cell failure, and epigenetic changes.
Mitochondria are the power plants of the cell, providing almost all the energy it needs for survival and work. During the aging process, our mitochondria suffer an increasing amount of damage, resulting in health and physical issues. NMN helps to reverse this damage. NMN also helps extend telomerase enzymes, improve peroxidation damage in organisms, and help repair DNA damage, thus reversing cell degeneration, promoting mitochondrial generation, and enhancing mitochondrial function.
As we age, the levels of stem cells in our bodies decline which accelerates the aging process. NMN promotes the activity of longevity protein sirtuin3, reduces stem cell aging, and alleviates inflammation. This improves stem cell health by generating more, healthier stem cells.
NMN also helps to reverse the harmful effects of oxidative stress on endothelial cells of the brain. The nucleotide increases cell proliferation rate, rejuvenating them, and effectively inhibiting melanin production and precipitation. Its powerful antioxidant properties can also prevent photoaging, making the skin appear younger and healthier.
NMN and Overall Health
In addition to directly fighting aging, NMN offers many health benefits that promote longevity.
- NMN enhances heart and lung function, protects blood circulation, and effectively reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- NMN improves memory and sensory abilities, including vision and touch.
- NMN improves insulin sensitivity, age-related glucose intolerance, and the ability of skeletal muscle to use oxygen in diabetic patients.
- NMN reduces inflammation, preventing or alleviating chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer's.
- NMN targets and repairs lost DNA cell populations, boosting immunity.
- NMN improves the body's metabolism and helps restore vitality.
- NMN improves aerobic endurance.
- NMN improves sexual function and fertility in both sexes.
- NMN helps repair age-related hearing loss.
NMN and UDA Longevity coffee
NMN is one of the most important components of UDA longevity coffee, with each serving of UDA coffee containing 50mg of high-quality NMN.
Check out our case studies and follow our blog to learn more about NMN!